12.17.2006

This could have been THE day~

I really must stop day dreaming while driving~ earlier today while I was in a dreamy state of euphoria, listening intensly to the music, deep in thought... have you ever wanted something so bad it hurt!? and you can't concentrate on anything! well, that's my story, can't concentrate lately~

anyways....I stopped for a red light, when the light turned green, I cruized on out into the intersection..... I always look both ways before going, but this time I didn't, too busy dreaming (if you ever drive in Vegas, you don't dare go without looking)

As I am in the middle of this busy intersection, I looked to my left and this semi truck is haulin ass right for me on my drivers side, oh my gosh it was so scary just like out of a movie, I hit the gas & went completely sideways...I handled it quite nicely I should add , that truck missed me by inches!!.... if I didn't have the power I have in that Harley truck to get me the heck out of the way, I would have been.... well... .it didn't happen so I am just thanking God I didn't die today~ I pulled over up the way, shaking, my heart in my throat, I thought I was going to pass out, then just cried for about half an hour.

What is even sadder is that I am writing this story on my blog~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bella, you must be very careful when you are daydreaming...
Keep the daydreams for when you are alone...with a mug of something hot and sweet to drink...candles lighting the room in sweet ambiance...
I would not want anything to happen to you...
God was watching over you my dear friend. I am Thankful that he was.

Anonymous said...

The shaking and the nerves and the tears, all after the fact...the realization of what MIGHT have been... What is it about driving that fosters daydreaming? It seems to have this trance-inducing quality that leads the mind to wander down roads completely different from the ones our cars (or trucks!) are travelling.

I think Sombra has the right advice, but staying in the moment, that whole presence of mind thing, is so hard to come by sometimes. I'm just thankful that God was there sheltering you from harm.

Anonymous said...

I live in Vegas too. At least you have the courage to get out and drive around! I detest driving in this town. Every time you go out, it's a near miss situation. Glad you are okay. But completely understandable that you were so upset!

Sally

Anonymous said...

This is pretty scarey just reading about it. I'd be crying too! Thankfully we all have quardian angels watching us, and protect us even when we don't always pay attention. Sure hope you are feeling better today!

Altered Kat said...

Fact you handled yourself well may have to do with your recent Indy experience :o) ...seriously, glad you are ok...

Kat :o)
p.s. LOVE the new piece listed above...she's stunning! Bravo!