2.14.2006

A worthy cause~

Here is a note that I wanted to pass along~ copied & pasted from another site.....

Attention animal lovers

Just received this email from Bernie. If you can help, please do. It's a very very worthwhile cause, and Bernie is amazingwhen it comes to caring for and rehabilitating animals in need.


Hi Everyone!!

I have recently moved to Tennessee and thought I would be able to take some time off from rescue, well.. the powers that be have put me here for a reason. The animal situation here is Dire!!

Our local animal controls are very poor, therefore the animals that get there don't have much of a chance. They die within days of being there,from Parvo, Distemper, etc.. Most live their lives chained outside with minimal food and shelter.

The thought is they are just animals.We all know they are miracles in little furry coats!! Loving beings that deserve better than that. There is much work to do, to change themind thought and it will take time, but I believe by education and creating a spay/neuter program we can make a difference.

I have only been here since the end of December but have found 3 other like minded people and have a plan that I hope you can help me with. I have already been in contact with the North Shore Animal league and they have agreed to take animals from me if I can get them healthy. They will come down twice a month to get animals from us...So that will mean I will have to vaccinate and worm.

My husband has applied for our non for profit status, so by the middle of March we should have it. Then I can start applying for grants. We need to build a structure here on our 20 acres to foster them, till they can go to their new shelters.

I have posted on my live journal a wish list of things that I could use now, since we are starting puppy season and I can't believe how many puppies are being dumped by the sides of the road.

I really hate asking for help, but this is a cause that is dear to my heart..Not to mention I just got a lecture that none of us can do it all alone:)

I'll be having an art auction in October to raise funds to build our shelter, any art would be greatly appreciated!! (plus you'll be able to write it off as a donation:)

Please help me spread the word!!http://www.livejournal.com/users/thecre8tivei

In Love and Light, Bernie Berlin Grafton,

http://www.picturetrail.com/thecre8tivei

In Rescuing Animals I lost my Mind, But found my Soul

No comments: