10.19.2005

Rat Rod~ Rockabilly Car Show~


Ohhhhh, how I want one of these rat rods! I am so in love with the rust of it all!

Went to this car show last weekend & wow, what an absoulute culture movement this is, it was like time travel back to the 40's & 50's... pin up girls, guys in dyed black greased back hair, rolled up Levi's, black leather jackets, tatooes, piercings. Looked like the bad kids from the movie Grease.

The cars are usually rusty, dented, with flat paint jobs no clear over the paint. Alot of the cars had actual flames shooting from the exhaust!

They were filming a movie for tv that day, so I talked with the producers & others about the making of this movie, they call it the "rat rod generation movement"

Later that night I was going to again, attempt to race my truck, but they weren't allowing any more cars to enter to race. Last week I had the superchip programed into my truck, wow! what a huge difference in the shifting & the horsepower...it is sooo quick, it has scared me a few times, almost lost it around corners. So I am anxious to see how fast it will go in the quarter mile, so I will try again to race next week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEEEEEELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO BLOGGERSSSSSS..

I would like to tell everyone I know about a new web site for webhosting resellers... If you are looking on ways to mkae money starting a business and need a site to host it on . Visit http://webhost11.com/ Today

Junior Perrera said...

Mm, yeah. Aside from the cool cars, you can get a lot of enjoyment from the people who have the rockabilly fashion sense. A blast from the past, indeed. Those rat rods look like they've experienced similar things way back when it was their prime.

Used Toyota Supra said...

I appreciated your kind way of knowledge.Great Stuff Here..hope more to come.